Thursday, April 25, 2013

Starting to make progress

One of my major goals is to teach a class at Pennsic. I'm on my way!
On Monday morning I sent in my class information.

I had a hard time deciding which class to offer, because I have a bit of an inferiority complex about my classes: I think I teach them okay, but I also know that most of them are taught by others equally well or better, and at a place like Pennsic, there are experts on everything teaching everything. What could I possibly contribute (also I'm afraid of being questioned to death by Laurels :))?

I decided to teach my Butter 101 class, because I haven't seen it taught there in the past, because I'm pretty confident in my knowledge about butter and butter-making, and because it's fairly easy to do more research. Also it's fun, and shaking butter breaks the ice pretty well.

It looks like I'm on the schedule now on July 27th from 11-12 in AS10, and on July 30th from 5-6pm in AS11. Good timing, because it should avoid all martial activities, and if for some reason I don't get the time off from work that I'm hoping to get, at least I should be on site by middle Saturday morning.

I guess you can't limit class numbers anymore (which is why Lidia got a vast number of people attending her cheese class...also CHEESE!), but you can limit materials, so I have set a materials limit of 24, and a handout limit of 50. If no one shows up, I can have a butter-shaking session in camp and fresh butter for dinner.

Wish me luck, and if you're the kind of Laurel who sneaks into peoples' classes to heckle, please be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment